HOME           ABOUT ME          RECIPES        

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day in Hawaii

Kailani wrote in her journal today:

November 11

Today is Veteran's Day. Everything is getting sadder. I'm happy that my dad did not die in the war. I really want to put flowers on the grave. The cemetery is called Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery. I'm really excited!

Red, blue, white. Soldiers sacrified their selfs so we could be free. Now I am happy. Colors up above. Red, blue, white. USA!"


Paying respects to 1st Lieutenant Nainoa Hoe


 "A veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life."

Thank you to all the veterans, active duty military, past and present, and their families for all of the sacrifices they have made for all of us! 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!